Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nature Walk

I've got a test in economics tomorrow, so, needless to say, I have a ton of studying to do. Therefore, I got on the internet, joined an online creative writing community, and, apparently, for no reason at all, composed this ridiculous poem (I may want to consider reforming my study habits):


Prompt: When walking through the woods, a tree transforms into an elf and leads you on an unbelievable journey.

Nature Walk

As foulness fades from my fungus prone palate,
The surrounding glades resound with the announcement
Of such rare visitation: of the wayward, turned alien.

This strange sylvan quickening, is quickly quite sickening,
And, thus, scrambling for the support of a young sycamore,
I wretch out the foul picnic and am sick no more.

My breathing, still hard from the purge of old harms,
Is soothed and relieved by arboreal arms,
Maternal perhaps, how they ease respiration.

But slowly, what nature hath nature’s caress?
I quizzically turn ‘round at the question’s behest
and Bah! How shocking! I’m not by myself:

Having jumped some significant distance, herself,
In place of the tree, an equally startled elf!

Stunned, paralyzed, but slowly, I melt,
Absorbing the sight of the seemly young elf,
still frozen: a visage so wide with surprise,
I can’t help but lose track of the time in her eyes:
…an endless passage dreamscape of unreality...
…of long-forgotten structures since combined to form my mind.

“I thought you a tree,” murmurs me to the maiden.
“But if I were a tree, then how would you get laid then?”

Aaand, of course, at this point, I will have to stop writing,
But yeah, trees on mushrooms are awfully exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment